Six Right Livelihood Guidelines
1. CONSUME MINDFULLY
- Eat with awareness and gratitude.
- Pause before buying and see if breathing is enough.
- Pay attention to the effects of media you consume.
2. PAUSE. BREATHE. LISTEN.
- When you feel compelled to speak in a meeting or conversation, pause.
- Breathe before entering your home, place of work, or school.
- Listen to the people you encounter. They are Buddhas.
3. PRACTICE GRATITUDE.
- Notice what you have.
- Be equally grateful for opportunities and challenges.
- Share joy, not negativity.
4. CULTIVATE COMPASSION AND LOVING KINDNESS.
- Notice where help is needed and be quick to help.
- Consider others’ perspectives deeply.
- Work for peace at many levels.
5. DISCOVER WISDOM.
- Cultivate “don’t know” mind (= curiosity).
- Find connections between Buddhist teachings and your life.
- Be open to what arises in every moment.
6. ACCEPT CONSTANT CHANGE.